Paladin - Fester

What we need to fill in 2 Slots:

Destro Warlock &
A Druid or Shaman going Third Healer/Ranged DPS

Last edited by Festerpad on 2010/05/17 16:47; edited 3 times in total

re: Cata Raiding

Foul temptress!!!!!!!

Edit: too much melee DPS, need more casters

Edit 2: We shouldn't need more than 2 dedicated tanks, with one set up as DPS for single tnakhfdsafljsa;dfs;

i hate you
Pursus
Guild Master

I want to, but I can't look away. God I love/hate this. Blizzard is like that drug pusher that just reinvented cocaine as crack.

Optimally, you want your healing/DPS hybrids to be casters cause they use a lot of shared gear, and the tanking/DPS hybrids to be set up for melee. Enhancement/Resto seems like a silly pairing as opposed to Elemental. The priest always jumps out at me as a great two-role class.

Then again, it doesn't matter if that's what people really want to play. I'm sure we could make it work without being super duper efficient.

And what is this? Fester as a tank?! What is this nonsense?

PS; I've been toying with the idea of leveling my OG mage before the expansion as a possible PVP toon. God help me. When is this expansion really supposed to be out?
Festerpad
Guild Officer

I had it originally set to elemental shaman/resto. However, Mark is dead set on either Rogue or Enhance.

Making Mondo and myself the dedicated tanks is as close to a guarantee that this will not fall apart. (Disappearing tank syndrome)

It will be very easy to find a Melee dps tank, warlock and Holy Paladin.

Every type of gear with the exception of caster leather will have a main spec in our runs. Leather caster gear will end up with either the Holy Paladin or Enhance/Resto shaman since every healer used Spirit now.

The only thing more optimal would be Dysus the warlock returns, Ledalia on the Rogue and then we have to recruit an Elemental/Resto.

Either way I'm super happy with the synergy of the setup, the availability of the players/classes and the prospect that no upgrade level gear will get sharded or shipped to an offspec.

**EDIT**

I'm letting myself get a carried away. I mean Blizz is just about to start beta. I could stand to relax a bit here.

I'll be working on Torror. You work on Steak.

Also, keep in mind that we don't have to worry TOO much about perfect class balance. Since all of the tier pieces are tokens now, it really doesn't hurt to have something like two warlocks and zero DKs, or whatever.

It's more important that you don't have everybody fighting over the exact same BIS trinket/ring/neck. When you have a single warrior looking for all the STR gear, and a single rogue looking for all the AGI stuff; it's better than a warrior and DK or rogue and feral druid.

I also wonder how they are really going to balance it regarding buffs/debuffs. If they don't rebalance the huge DPS difference that you get from stacking melee or casters (as opposed to bringing a healthy mix) it could really suck. If the DPS requirements are strict like they were in Ulduar, It might force you to stack in order to do the hard modes. (Think melee zerg Sarth+3)

My point: class balance is going to depend a lot more on how hardcore we decide to be. If we're casual, we should be able to get away with murder. If we're hardcore, we may have to make some serious sacrifices regarding which classes we choose to play.

Edit: either way, the first tier should be EZPZ
Pursus
Guild Master

Festerpad wrote:
words

Well, let's not get carried away with me working on Steak, I still need to be "worked on" if I'm honest.

Also, as neat as it sounds, I HATE PvE on a warlock. HATE HATE HATE. If I was going to be a caster it would be a mage or something. PvP was damn fun on a lock, but fuck those PvE rotations/specs.

And, yeah, we're definitely getting ahead of ourselves.
Festerpad
Guild Officer

Pursus wrote:
Festerpad wrote:
words

And, yeah, we're definitely getting ahead of ourselves.

So you're saying that you're in!

Just based on how raiding has changed since My departure at the End of Ulduar / Beginning of ToC, It seems like class make up is becoming more and more lack luster.

That being said, with them trying to make 10 mans just as competitive as the 25 mans, i can see the class balance coming into play a lot more.

As far as working on people, I'm going to try to push Cheezit and Porch (Tito) to come over and play with us. Rumor has it Cheezit leveled a mage that he wants to raid on, but i could probably work him into playing his DK. Tito, as always, would be tanking on his druid. He is good at it, and i don't think i would like it any other way.

The last thing i really have to say is that if i can trick Tito and Sean into coming over, They're probably going to want their friend (and mine as well) Gokanma to come over. He was one of the best DPS Shaman i'd ever had the privilege of playing with, and has come back for casual play in Cata.

I know we all want this to work out, but how hardcore are we thinking about being. In all honesty, i don't think im down for being the Ropetown or TG of whatever server we end up on. I'd rather see it be a 2 - 3 night raid thing. This way people like Myself and Al who want to play but do not want to be sucked in have time to enjoy the finer thinks, like air and the sun.

As far as the class i end up playing, i don't really care all to much. In the perfect world, i play a rogue and i get PvE gearz to have with my PvP gearz and i wreck face in both worlds. In any other world, i play whatever is needed in order for us to be able to make this work. Be that leveling my shaman or warlock to 80, than so be it. I just want to enjoy the game with the people i've enjoyed playing with for the past 3 years.
Pursus
Guild Master

Ledalia wrote:
Just based on how raiding has changed since My departure at the End of Ulduar / Beginning of ToC, It seems like class make up is becoming more and more lack luster.

That being said, with them trying to make 10 mans just as competitive as the 25 mans, i can see the class balance coming into play a lot more.

Ultimately it's all going to depend on how blizzard balances buffs/debuffs. If you are punished by bringing three of a single class because you lose two classes' buffs ... then you're stuck. If they spread buffs around more (like they have done in the last few expansions) then you just need to make sure that everyone's not fighting each other for the same gear.

Another problem (depending on how hardcore we are) is that some fights mechanically punish melee or ranged, so we will be at a huge advantage/disadvantage depending on our mix.

Quote:
As far as working on people, I'm going to try to push Cheezit and Porch (Tito) to come over and play with us. Rumor has it Cheezit leveled a mage that he wants to raid on, but i could probably work him into playing his DK. Tito, as always, would be tanking on his druid. He is good at it, and i don't think i would like it any other way.

The last thing i really have to say is that if i can trick Tito and Sean into coming over, They're probably going to want their friend (and mine as well) Gokanma to come over. He was one of the best DPS Shaman i'd ever had the privilege of playing with, and has come back for casual play in Cata.

That's cool, just don't promise anything we can't deliver. If they are expecting <Ropetown> and we deliver <Murder Most Foul> (or vice versa) they are going to get resentful and no one wants that.

Quote:
I know we all want this to work out, but how hardcore are we thinking about being. In all honesty, i don't think im down for being the Ropetown or TG of whatever server we end up on. I'd rather see it be a 2 - 3 night raid thing. This way people like Myself and Al who want to play but do not want to be sucked in have time to enjoy the finer thinks, like air and the sun.

I'm not decidedly coming back at all yet, but if I did, I never want to raid poorly, but I really want to avoid the hardcore. Hardcore shit always leads to more burnout. Definitely no more than 3 nights a week. Of course history has shown that when I play, I tend to play a lot, so who knows.

Quote:
As far as the class i end up playing, i don't really care all to much. In the perfect world, i play a rogue and i get PvE gearz to have with my PvP gearz and i wreck face in both worlds. In any other world, i play whatever is needed in order for us to be able to make this work. Be that leveling my shaman or warlock to 80, than so be it. I just want to enjoy the game with the people i've enjoyed playing with for the past 3 years.

For me, if I play PvE, it MUST be on a rogue, I just can't do it any other way. Of course there's plenty of time to pick classes at this point, and I'm sure we can work with whatever we've got (to an extent).
Steakhizzle
Guild Member

Well I'm not with a guild anymore on Stormrage, so I can xfer any of those guys as well. This is what I currently have. All toons are at least moderately geared (4800+)

Rowsdower - Tank/Heals - both modestly ICC10 geared
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&cn=Rowsdower

Coiffio - Hunter - not the horde one I used to play
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&cn=Coiffio

Vimes - DK - DPS/Tank
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&cn=Vimes

Haystack aka Steakhizzle - Heals/DPS
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Haystack
Pursus
Guild Master

Oh snaps.
Steakhizzle
Guild Member

So what are the chances of getting this going pre-Cata release with the new Ruby Sanctum raid stuff. The ICC raid will have a 30-35% (I think it's at 15% now) zonewide buff for HP/SP/AP/etc. by then, which will really help on the casual aspect of everything, on top of it being retardedly easy to gear up now.
Festerpad
Guild Officer

Steakhizzle wrote:
So what are the chances of getting this going pre-Cata release with the new Ruby Sanctum raid stuff. The ICC raid will have a 30-35% (I think it's at 15% now) zonewide buff for HP/SP/AP/etc. by then, which will really help on the casual aspect of everything, on top of it being retardedly easy to gear up now.

Yeah, I'll heal that. I'm sure Rocco and Mark would be down also. Though I doubt Al would. Maybe even mondo. Then we would have both tanks and healers taken care of.

If we build it, Al will come.
Pursus
Guild Master

Oh you.

I really don't want to get too involved pre-expansion. If I end up playing, I was thinking about just pooping around a month or so before the XP comes out, leveling up my mage or lock or something and doing a bit of PvP maybe.

Try not to get me wrong here, I'm not waffling around just to be cute either. I seriously can't trust myself to stay casual, and that's why I'm so reluctant to jump back in. That goes for now and after XP. Since this looks like it's going to happen our way, it's like 90% on playing post XP, but chances are very low that I will get in now (especially to raid).

Also, according to the armory, my rogue is still in my old raid guild. I'm going to look like a huge dildo for re-upping, gquitting, and then raiding pre-XP. You guys are obviously who I really care about (and the only people who could possibly tempt me to re-up in the first place), but they were cool to me and I don't want to flip them off. Theoretically, playing my mage or something would have allowed me to "fly under the radar" as it were.

PS: Armory says the <trash mobs> guild name is parked on Mbusiness. I was using it as a personal guild bank because I had formed it and bought tabs before you guys decided to use <FWT>. So, I gotta re-up and clear out my shit in order to use that name again. I also have a feeling that I have enough shit that I'm going to need to build a new guild just for guild banking (unless we know who holds <FWT>)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trash Mobs Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: